Eleven Minutes

To kill the ninety minutes that it takes to reach office, I started reading 'Eleven minutes'. This is a book by Paulo Coelho. I didn't pick it from amongst many. One friend passed it on to me a couple of days back and I decided to keep it for some time.

I have read 120 pages of the 275. The book is interesting. The book is about a prostitute. Or rather, the making of a prostitute. The book occasionally talks about love and a couple of sentences did leave a mark. Let me quote something for those who haven't read 'Eleven minutes'.

In love, no one can harm anyone else; we are each of us responsible for our own feelings and cannot blame someone else for what we feel.

It hurt when I lost each of the various men I fell in love with. Now, though, I am convinced that no one loses anyone, because no one owns anyone.

That is the true experience of freedom: having the most important thing in world without owning it.

3 Comments:

  1. Czar said...
    Brilliant book.
    You will learn a lot from it... many more of things like that to come your way..
    Mohan K.V said...
    11 minutes? Whats with the name?
    amrit said...
    @Czar

    Have reached page 220 and the book did take me through an interesting ride.

    And by 'many more of things like that' I hope you meant that book and not the kinda things that came Maria's way :P

    @Mohan

    That's some funda! I am sure you can find that out pretty fast!

Post a Comment




 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.