Me Mad

I always thought that I had some kind of a personality disorder. Today I found out that I indeed had one. It's called the Dependent Personality Disorder or more commonly known as the DPD. Well, I suffer form DPD! :(

I happen to satisfy at least three of these traits which make me an eligible DPD candidate.

  1. Goes to excessive lengths to obtain nurturance and support from others, to the point of volunteering to do things that are unpleasant
  2. Feels uncomfortable or helpless when alone because of exaggerated fears of being unable to care for himself or herself
  3. Urgently seeks another relationship as a source of care and support when a close relationship ends
This realization doesn't make me too happy! Sob sob!

Crystallinks.com presents a fairly good example demonstrating DPD.

Two women are best friends for a long time. They share everything. Along comes another woman - or a boyfriend - who takes time away from this friendship. Issues develop and friendship become 'challenged' - another word that describes our experiences here. Many things seem to be challenged.

The friendship between the women now becomes outgrown and can end in drama. Many people report that lifetime friendships suddenly come to an end - become outgrown for one of the people involved - but they don't understand why. On occasion the friendships rekindle. For the most part they have served a purpose that worked at the time the people were friends - then moved on.

I am sure it's not too severe, but now that I know that is a disorder, I am looking forward to change to a healthier condition. In the race of physical health, it's a pity that we forget the importance of a healthy mind.

Wish I succeed!

2 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    kya hai ye ? bakwas ?
    dhruv said...
    omg :P I satisfy the first criteria but my reasons are completely different :P Its ambition more than anything else ;)

Post a Comment




 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.