They start falling in place

'I would love to do this all my life. What better job than this?' I had said this to myself not long back (a week ago may be).

I realized that something was growing inside me slowly yet steadily. I was becoming more and more aware of the different print ads that I was getting across over time. This might be because of the design related work that I am doing for Shaastra06, the IIT Madras technical festival.

Whatever be the reason, this new dimension to my being was taking shape for sure. Each time I would browse through ET, my eyes would spot all kinds of ads, and then the brain would start analysing them without any effort. This looks good, this is bad, brilliant, good enough, erggg, lovely, sexy, give-up....All kinda reactions would come instantaneously.

I was getting drawn to this whole deal about creating new designs, new ideas which could hold the reader's attention and could promote a product. And it was then that I had said to myself what I quoted in the first line of this post.

I decided to find out about ad-agencies who do such kinda stuff. Internet was the only resource. But sursprisingly I couldn't find many sites which could tell me much about the ad-agencies that existed. The best thing that I came across was this blog which was simply awesome. After spending some time on this page and going through almost each and every post and watching each and every video that was put there, I was really really 'into' this whole idea of getting entry into some ad-studio as a creative-idea-supplier (or whatever they call this job). I did mail the author of this blog asking him to give fundays on how to get into this field etc. but he never replied.

But then as they say, when you really want something, and really really want it, things start falling in place automatically, solutions appear out of nowhere, obstacles get side washed and finally you do get what you had wished for. This was proved true in a day.

I couldn't believe my eyes next morning when I saw a small ad in the ET which read something like this "Tomorrow's Brand Equity will have the awaited Ad agency rekoner". Basically it was supposed to contain all kinds of ratings of ad-agencies, creative directors etc. Wow! What a timing. Now this is called "falling of things in place". It was like someone somewhere had read my mind and then said this to himself, 'Lemme help this chap! I will ask the guys at ET to publish something Ad agencies'. Yeah it appeared nothing less than that.

The next day (that is yesterday), I did get a lot of info finally, thanks to ET and came across so many names in this field of advertisement. Definitely looks like an interesting arena for me to step into. I know I want to do this. Before I decide how to go ahead with it, lemme keep doing what I have been. Yeah talking about observing the ads that I come across. It's a pity that I don't get to watch TV at all here in IIT and have to miss upon the video ads. But then the good thing is that I know how I am going to spend my time in home, when there's going to be TV and just TV to drain me out!

Video-ads, watch out! The critic's coming home soon :)

5 Comments:

  1. Bohemian said...
    hmmm...m happy for ya!
    Mohan K.V said...
    Way to go man!! You'll simply rock! For starters, please post some of the more interesting print ads you've seen, and your analysis.. I'm very interested in knowing what you think are the best print ads..

    And, how many blogs do you maintain? One is this, another is amrithome.blogspot.com, and ?
    amrit said...
    @Bohemian

    Good to have you!

    @Mohan

    Will do so! Sure...

    And regarding blogs, this one is the only blog. The other one is not actually a blog, though it looks like one and is hosted on blogspot. It is more of an update on whats up in my life. So you see template wise its the same, but content wise, more personal stuffs go there...
    Mohan K.V said...
    whoa, creativecriminal is simply awesome!! please do let me know if you find any more of this kind!
    amrit said...
    @Mohan

    Oh sure he is. And I will surely let you know dude. Don't you worry..

Post a Comment




 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.