She and myself

She was looking more than mere beautiful that evening. I got up from my chair as she came towards me, smiling in her trademark style. She got seated on the adjacent chair, and we were soon busy talking.

This woman defied her age. As she spoke, telling me about her good days and the not so good days, her eyes gleamed and her face shined. I was hooked to her, listening to all she had to say. It took me some time to realize that suddenly she had become quite. She was no more talking. She was not even looking at me. She had apparently got lost in her own world.

I waited for some time, and then waved my right hand to bring her back to where we were. Her eyes didn't move. She didn' move. She was dead! She had left this world.

I closed my eyes in grief and saw her face. That slowly turned into mine. I opened my eyes again. She was there no more. The chair was empty; only one of them. There was a body on the other chair. That was mine.

3 Comments:

  1. Jah said...
    You were a girl before ?
    Bohemian said...
    creepy!
    amrit said...
    @dasan

    Who knows?

    @bohemian

    indeed!

Post a Comment




 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.